expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 6 August 2012

~Taare Zameen Par~

Today i want to share my favorite movie . .TAARE ZAMEEN PAR that means "every child is special".

The movie is about an 8 year old boy Ishaan Awasthi (Darsheel Safary) who finds it difficult to match his world of colors, kites and animals to that of the others in his age group, who are more into studies and homework. When complaints start to pour in, Ishaan’s parents decide to set him off to a boarding school. His life is no different at the boarding school, oppressed and insulted by his teachers, he remains the laugh stock of the class. Now that he is away from home, he feels even more dejected, inferior and finds it tough to cope up with his inabilities.

Ram Shankar Nikumbh (Aamir Khan) gets appointed as a temporary art teacher of the boarding school. Unlike other teachers who follow definite norms in educating children, Ram makes them think out of books, outside the four walls of the classroom and paint their imaginations. Every child in class responds with immense enthusiasm except Ishaan. Ram takes effort to understand Ishaan and his problems. He makes Ishaan’s parents and other teachers realize that he is not abnormal but a very special child with talents of his own. With time, patience and care Ram succeeds in boosting the confidence level of Ishaan. He helps Ishaan in overcoming his inabilities and re-discover his lost confidence.The message that the story tries to convey is already known to us, but most of us just remain ignorant to it. Aamir Khan, the director, has handled the delicate theme with dexterity and precision. He has not just succeeded in making every child a hero but actually helped us see a child in ourselves. Just like no man is perfect no matter what position he commands in the society, every child with both their ability and inabilities is special and talented in their own way. The movie isn’t just about a child suffering from dyslexia and his challenges, it’s also about how parents get carried away by today’s competitive world and fail to understand their child’s dreams and nurture their inborn talents.

What made the first half all the more poignant was that Ishaan is a child rejected not only by his peers and his teachers, but also by his father…and his world of imagination, of colour, is all that he has to cling on to. He has his mother too. Tisca Chopra plays his mother Maya, who understands him but is helpless in the face of a demanding, authoritarian father (played by Vipin Sharma). These two characters (of the parents) seemed stereotypical to me.
What I really liked about this movie is that the subject is not restricted to just a dyslexic child struggling with his writing and reading, but also talks about the struggle of a child against the rigors of a school system which pounces on every little mistake and humiliates the child for making it. A system which is rote oriented and stifles original thinking. When little Ishaan explains the meaning of a poem in an abstract fashion, in pure ideas, his teacher gets enraged, thinking that Ishaan is talking nonsense. Even the Art teacher insists that the children draw Still Life and is himself incapable of using his imagination. Well, this is how Art is ‘taught’ in Indian schools.
It’s not just rote, but the continuous emphasis on marks by both teachers and parents that is brought out in the movie. Worse, if one doesn’t perform…or is naughty, then corporal punishment is waiting! The harsh reality of Indian school life. Children who fall in line (Ishaan’s elder brother is shown as a stark contrast to Ishaan) and get good marks are rewarded and are seen to be winners in the game of life.

before he meets his teacher..


ishaan..

Ishaan painting
heart-wrenching scene in which Ishaan's mother discovers a flip-book he made which reveals just how vulnerable he's been feeling.
I found lyrics in English version from Taare Zamin Par movie. I like it very much.it gives a message that the we will never forget our mom wherever we are..
I’ve never told you
How scared I am of the dark
I’ve never told you
How much I care for you
But you know, don’t you Ma?
You know everything, my Ma.
Don’t leave me alone in crowds
I’ll lose my way back home
Don’t send me to places far away
Where you won’t even remember me
Am I so bad, Ma?
Am I so bad, my Ma?
When sometimes Papa swings me
Too high in the air,
My eyes search for you, hoping
You’ll come and hold me safe
I don’t tell him
But I get petrified
I don’t let it show
But my heart sinks
You know everything, don’t you ma?
You know everything, my Ma
I’ve never told you
How scared I am of the dark
How much I care for you
But you know, don’t you, Ma?
You know everything, my Ma.

Overall, Taare Zameen Par is a good emotional story with a message for the parents. The kids and parents will completely enjoy it. It was also pleasant to see the movie receiving a standing ovation while the credits rolled. At the all important box-office, the clash against another biggie Welcome would affect collections, but with strong word of mouth and Aamir Khan’s star power, the movie should be a winner commercially.

No comments:

Post a Comment